Sendwithus is hiring our first Product Owner. This person will engage with customers regularly, work closely with company executive and leadership teams, and analyze product data to build and manage our product roadmap.
This position pertains specifically to our latest product, Dyspatch, an email template CMS for enterprise. You’ll be the single point of entry for new product features and you’ll report directly to the executive team. You will direct product research and design, triage bugs, and be the final decision maker on everything related to the Dyspatch product.
This role offers a lot of opportunity for career growth and the chance to build and shape our products for years to come. While this isn’t an engineering role, we’re looking for someone that is comfortable owning a very technical product.
$100,000 – $140,000
Relocation Package Available?
Skills and experience we’re looking for…
- Prior experience as a Product Manager, Team Lead, or Designer
- Shipping enterprise software and/or SaaS products
- Agile product development and design processes
- Talking to customers, interpreting feedback, and measuring results
- Communicating complex ideas effectively
- Maintaining great relationships with the people you work with
- Solid personal productivity practices
- Knowledge of emerging web, email, and SaaS trends
- Expertise in product management software; we use Asana, Invision, Zeplin, and GitHub, but you don’t have to
In the first 3 months you will…
- Work with our product team to become a Dyspatch expert
- Triage all new bugs, feature ideas, and customer feedback
- Set goals for a Dyspatch release and write customer facing release notes
- Become an expert in how we create, develop, and deploy user stories
- Run weekly product grooming and planning meetings
- Meet with all other teams to learn what they need from the product
- Visit at least one customer on-site to learn how we can help them
Within 12 months you will…
- Own and improve our product development process
- Answer all questions from other teams about upcoming product features
- Present product plans at company-wide meetings
- Run customer research trips, meetings, and on-site events
- Build reliable product metrics and KPIs
- Help interview and on-board new product team members
- Have great relationships with all team leads
- Work hard to ensure we’re constantly delivering value to our customers
You might love this role if…
- You love creating new things from scratch
- You like delighting customers and measuring success
- You enjoy defining and discussing the edges of product capabilities
- You play with email technologies often and think about how they could be better
- You enjoy presenting and discussing new ideas
- You love interacting with a broad spectrum of smart people
- You are an experienced engineering leader looking for a product role
The Sendwithus Story
Sendwithus powers email communication for large online businesses. Our system handles thousands of users and more than 30 million emails every day, ranging from real-time notifications and invoices to personalized marketing campaigns and product updates. Our customers include Microsoft, Zillow, DonorsChoose, and MeUndies – in fact, we’re already one of the top 300 email senders in the world. We were part of Y Combinator’s W14 batch, have offices in both Victoria and San Francisco, and are backed by some of the top tech investors in the world.
In keeping with our values and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on (but not limited to): race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. We continually strive as a company to keep any subtler forms of inappropriate behaviour, discrimination or harassment (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, any barriers to success for employees or applicants have no place at Sendwithus.