What you will do
- We are looking for our first US based Account Executive. You will have an instrumental role in developing our go-to-market approach in the US. You will report to CEO and Co-founder.
- You will be based out of San Francisco, USA, with the opportunity to work partly from home, as well as occasionally from our office in Oslo, Norway
- You will:
- Help drive the growth & adoption of Sanity.io in the Enterprise market
- Manage full sales cycles with organizations from qualified lead to closing
- Leverage and coordinate cross-functional internal teams to efficiently navigate sales cycles
- Build and develop trusted relationships with key decision makers & influencers
- Uncover new opportunities from our existing customers
- Deliver accurate forecasts and provide clear visibility on sales and revenue performance by owning your pipeline of opportunities
- At Sanity we believe building a great culture and a great working environment is key for success. We also believe we constantly have to challenge and rethink the way we work and the way we are going about our business. We have developed a set of values that we feel encaptures what we are all about and also what we are striving to be
- Our values are: Embody Empathy, Rely on Trust, Work on what Matters, Be considerate but be Brave, Value Difference, Celebrate Change
Our go to market approach
- We only do inside sales and believe that the community driven approach is ideal for developer software such as Sanity. We engage deeply with larger customer prospects through support sparring in exploration and proof of concept
- Our target audience is developers. We believe in a tool that enables developers to create great user experiences for developers and content creation and distribution for product owners. For our larger customers we are typically interacting with a larger team of developers, content editors, marketers and product owners
- We do not provide professional services to our users. Our customers have in-house developers or work closely with agencies. We also work with a range of agencies directly.
- We provide technical support as well as architectural support and sparring on content modelling.
What we offer
- The opportunity to help shape the go-to-market approach at your workplace
- Positive, flexible and trust-based work environment in a company with a Nordic culture
- Maternity / Paternity leave
- Competitive compensation package and stock options as well as health insurance
- Flexible hours and optional home office / remote-in periods, most of the team in SF working from the office 2-4 days a week and from home 1-3 days
- Opportunity to work from our Oslo office for periods of time
What you bring
- Curiosity, a growth mindset, and high integrity
- Experience in a closing role at a SaaS company, ideally from shaping the sales process of a newly launched product
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to communicate with a range of stakeholders from developers to marketers to executives of large enterprises
- We don’t expect you to have experience from the CMS market, but we believe its important to have the ability to quickly learn about new products and how they are used and creating value for the users
- Ability to thrive in a constantly changing and evolving work environment
- Sanity was established as a SaaS company in 2017, but the MVP of Sanity was made when we were the agency Bengler, with work we did for The Office of Metropolitan Architecture, and Rem Koolhas in 2015 (still a customer!). We further bootstrapped with work for MIT, DSRNY as well as the Mellon Foundation, before we launched and started selling Sanity as a SaaS offering in November 2017.
- We recently raised a seed round from Heavybit, the accelerator in SOMA, SF, founded by amongst other Heroku founder James Lindenbaum, as well as founders of companies like Mux, Netlify, Stackbit and NURX.
- Sanity already has quite a few larger customers, like Popeye’s, McCann, Conde Nast and Eurostar. But also a community with thousands of developers
- The Nobel Peace Center runs both their site and an audio-visual installation on Sanity
- MIT runs their CAVS special collection website on Sanity (http://act.mit.edu/cavs)
- We look up to companies like Stripe, Twillio, Netlify, and Figma. We believe developers are a key customer segments and gaining purchasing power.e believe bottom up developer centric business models are extremely powerful, also in the enterprise segment.
Sanity.io pledge to be an organization that reflects the globally diverse audience that our product serves. We believe that in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas, and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. Learn more about working with Sanity here.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com