Radar (https://radar.io) is the location context platform. Our mission is to make every app on every device contextually aware.
Radar is defining a new category of developer platform. If Stripe is for payments and Twilio is for communications, Radar is for location.
Radar processes 100B+ locations per year from 50M+ devices worldwide. In April 2018, TechCrunch named us a top 12 up-and-coming enterprise startup in NYC (https://techcrunch.com/gallery/up-and-coming-enterprise-startups-in-nyc/).
Our team has backgrounds at companies like Foursquare and Facebook. We are backed by Accel, Expa, Fuel Capital, and great angels including Greg Brockman (previously CTO at Stripe).
We’re based in DUMBO, Brooklyn, New York City.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Radar is looking for a Senior Server Engineer to design, build, maintain, and scale our API (https://radar.io/documentation/api) and data infrastructure.
You’ll be our first full-time server engineer, so you’ll have lots of autonomy and impact. We’re already installed on 50M+ devices, processing 100B+ locations per year, and growing rapidly. We need to ingest massive amounts of location data and help our customers analyze and act on that data at scale. You’ll face interesting architecture and scaling challenges from day one.
– Help build an API and data infrastructure leveraging caching, indexing, sharding, data warehousing, and analytics
– Use MongoDB, Redis, Kinesis, S3, Redshift, EMR, and more
– Write code in Node.js, Python, and SQL, and more
– Work with iOS and Android engineers at Radar to build a SaaS platform that scales to 100M+ devices, 100K+ qps, and terabytes of location data per day
– Work with frontend engineers at Radar to build tools for our customers: engineers, product managers, and marketers
We’re looking for someone:
– Who is a T-shaped engineer
– With 5+ years of server engineering experience
– With caching, indexing, sharding, and data warehousing expertise
– With experience scaling APIs (bonus if you’ve built or worked on an API handling 10K+ qps)
– Who is independent and self-motivated (bonus if you’ve built side projects and/or contributed to open source)
– Who is a great writer and communicator (bonus if you’ve written technical documentation or blog posts before)
– Who is passionate about location and developer platforms
– Who wants to work full-time in New York City
– Medical, dental, and vision plans
– Flexible work hours and vacation policy
– Commuter benefits and free Citi Bike membership
– Competitive salary
– Equity in a fast-growing startup
To apply for this job please visit angel.co.