Reporting to the General Partner, Heavybit’s Head of Marketing is responsible for Heavybit’s reach, content, and online lead gen. Through content and campaign creation, landing page design, SEO, syndication, engagement emails, partnerships, and social media, you will grow Heavybit’s brand and audience in the developer products & cloud infrastructure space. We’re looking for someone with strong writing, evangelism, and distribution skills to maintain and build on our content offerings, find new ways to engage our audience and advise our founders in their early user-acquisition campaigns. The right candidate is one part evangelist, one part growth marketer, and interested in the early developer and infrastructure space.
- Grow Heavybit’s Founder & Developer Audience: Increase Heavybit’s brand reach via our library, blog, social accounts, newsletters, podcasting network, and Slack Channel.
- Create Educational Content: Create evergreen educational content including designing a content calendar, building out our contributor platform, trafficking guest interviews/posts and podcast shows, producing articles/copy, creating marketing collateral, and managing a list of content production vendors
- Manage Lead Gen & Nurturing: Create, test, and publish email and other campaigns to nurture target prospects and alumni founders. Define and manage success metrics for overall audience growth and make suggestions on ways to tweak our community onboarding flow.
- Build & Distribute Success Stories: Work alongside the Marketing Coordinator to produce member success stories and distribute them where appropriate, across our various earned, owned, and paid channels.
- Forge 3rd Party Relationships & Syndications: In leveraging influencer communities and raising Heavybit’s profile, own Heavybit’s voice in public forums, social media, and other 3rd party developer and startup communities. Eg. Quora, HackerNews, Reddit, etc.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Must have 4+ years experience marketing to B2B startups, open source and/or developer audiences
- Owned monthly conversion and traffic goals
- A great business-focussed writer with the portfolio to prove it
- Fearless networker, personable in user forums, IRL events, and developer communities
- Strong project manager and team player capable of creative problem-solving and strong reporting
- Scrappy and adaptable to the fast pace of an early-stage startup and deadlines
- Familiarity w/ Mailchimp, WordPress, Slack, Eventbrite, Twitter, Facebook, G Suite
- US citizenship and/or authorization to work legally in the US
COMPENSATION – Dependent on experience
- This career-making job puts you at the center of a 90 founder and 5000+ person community
- Competitive cash-comp, dependant on experience
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan
- Commuter benefits for those in Bay Area
- Fully catered lunch, well-stocked fridges & snack bar
- Ability to work from an AIA award-winning space.
Get in Touch
Sound interesting? Email [email protected] with the subject “Head of Marketing”: Please include a resume and links to some of your best business-related writing samples and campaigns.
Minorities and those from traditionally marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.
*Note: Please no recruiters or contract marketing agencies.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org