Snyk’s mission is to help developers use open source code and stay secure. We’re looking for a head of marketing who can communicate the criticality of this risk and how Snyk can help enterprise buyers, developers and the open source community address it.
In this role you will be building out our marketing practices, from PR to product marketing to events, as well as taking on the challenge of balancing developer (bottom up), security and enterprise (top down) messaging, harnessing the power of our open source user base while driving enterprise revenue.
Immediate needs include forming and communicating our enterprise oriented messaging across all channels; owning engagements with a PR agency; structuring our demand generation & lead qualification, generated both in traditional manners and from our user base; and maximising the impact of our developer relations activities, which are led by Tim Kadlec.
As Snyk grows, you’ll have the opportunity to build, lead and grow a marketing team, scaling up as our company hits its next growth stages. You will join the company’s leadership group, and will influence practically all parts of the company. You will report directly to the CEO.
Our ideal locations are London or SF/Silicon Valley, but we’ll consider other US locations for the right person. To apply, please email [email protected]. Note we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
- Lead all marketing activities. Initially you’ll be the primary person executing as well
- Own and create enterprise and developer messaging across channels
- Drive our online self-serve business, including top of funnel traffic and optimising registration & payment conversions
- You will work with Customer Success to manage nurturing campaigns, balancing conversion needs with user engagement
- With the support of product management, you will handle product marketing, including positioning & sales collateral
- Lead our developer relations team
- Establish and maintain a relationship with a PR agency
- Own SEO and work with engineering to implement it as needed
- Work with our CTO to define and implement Marketing Ops needs
- Over time, you will build out our marketing team
Skills & experience
- 10+ years of industry experience
- 5+ years of marketing experience
- Great content creation abilities, ranging from enterprise messaging to sales collateral
- Experience marketing to large enterprises
- Experience optimising online self-serve conversion funnels
- Experience with enterprise sales lead management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Sufficient technical depth to relate to our technical subject matter and audience
- An inclusive and team oriented mindset,
- Experience in early stage startups
- Experience or deep knowledge of the developer and DevOps ecosystem and practices
- Experience with application security products
- Familiarity with open source products, ecosystems and communities
- Good social media skills, either with personal accounts or running a company’s social platform
- Knowledge of or experience working with PR agencies
- Community management experience
Waiting to hear from you at [email protected] 🙂
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Using open source code is a major productivity boost, but it’s also a significant security risk. Most developers consume this code off the internet blindly, doing nothing to track known vulnerabilities or scrutinise the authors of the packages they use. The tools available to the few who do act are hard to use, do little to help fix the issues they report, and are not sufficiently deep security-wise.
This risk is massive today, made worse by growing open source use and trends such as PaaS and Serverless. Gartner estimates the use of tools to help tackle this problem will grow from 10% of DevOps initiatives in 2016 to 70% in 2019, and others like RedMonk and Forrester predict massive growth as well.
At Snyk we believe this problem can only be fixed by developers and DevOps teams, building it into the way we create software. We offer a SaaS CI/CD and runtime monitoring product that helps organisations continuously find & fix vulnerable dependencies without slowing down development. Our tools integrate into dev & DevOps workflows seamlessly, and go beyond reporting a problem to offering single click fixes.
This is both a business problem and a community concern. We care about securing the open source world itself as much as as we care about our enterprise grade solution that lets large companies consume open source code while controlling risk. We operate at scale, supporting tens of thousands of users running hundreds of thousands of tests each month. We receive regular community contributions (and love!), have great partners expanding our reach, and have over a thousand badges in GitHub championing us, including top projects like FreeCodeCamp and request.
Lastly, Snyk is a growth oriented venture backed company. We closed a $3M seed round from US investors in early ’16, and received another large infusion from our investors more recently, demonstrating their excitement about our progress and potential. Our team numbers around 20 amazing people in two large offices in Tel Aviv & London, and a distributed presence in the US. We take a lot of care to keep a warm and inclusive environment, and make sure our distributed team gets plenty of face time over video and in trips.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://github.com/snyk/jobs/blob/master/Head-of-Marketing.md →