As the Director of Sales Development, you’ll be responsible for the entire Sales Development function, a key engine for growth at PagerDuty. You will lead the Sales Development Representative (SDR) and Inside Sales Representative (ISR) teams to drive inbound and outbound qualified leads to both commercial and enterprise sales teams to generate revenue.
You’ll report into our VP of Commercial Sales and collaborate with other departments (Marketing, Business Operations, Product, and Sales Leadership) to define the sales development strategy and drive key initiatives to achieve our company objectives.
We’re looking for a coach to develop our talented team as well as a creative, data-driven leader who can evolve our approach to pipeline creation. A key contributor to our Go To Market leadership team, you understand the importance of urgency, accountability, and contribution in a fast growing environment.
- A leader; you inspire the buy-in of your team, as well as of cross-functional stakeholders.
- A coach; you care deeply about the success of your reps and provide hands-on mentorship in a way that shows no task is too small for you.
- A quantitative thinker; you recognize the importance of using numbers make decisions, as well as using data to recognize patterns and test for optimized results.
- A communicator; you’re great at celebrating wins, but you’re also an expert at addressing issues in a way that leads to increased engagement and productivity.
- An executor; you have a bias for action and are known for proactively solving problems.
- Provide motivation and direction for team to achieve their meeting and pipeline goals
- Track performance through SFDC and use data to drive productivity enhancements
- Work with field marketing and demand generation on strategy to follow-up on events and drive qualified leads
- Develop strong relationships with sales leaders, strategic account managers, and inside sales
- Communicate metrics across marketing and sales
- Partner with Sales Operations to calculate commissions on a monthly basis
The Ideal Candidate will have
- 5+ years of experience in BDR/SDR roles and outbound prospecting
- Proven track record in meeting lead and pipeline goals
- Experience leading and motivating a team
- Ability to understand technology and answer questions to prospects that drive meetings
- Ability to build tight relationships with account managers
- Solid understanding of business management and operations, including finance/revenue/pipeline principles.
- Attention to metrics
- Must have a start-up level flexibility
- Must be in the office every day
- Proven success managing and coaching a 10+ person sales team
- Experience managing managers in addition to individual contributors
- Prior experience selling a SaaS product
- Experience in a fast-growth environment
- Proficiency with Salesforce and/or Excel
- An understanding of / experience with sales acceleration tools
- A track record hitting and exceeding quota as a sales rep, a plus
Benefits to Get Excited About
In addition to working with great people, competitive salaries, and company equity, we also offer:
- Working with a team of deeply passionate and intelligent people
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision plan options for you and your spouse/family, 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, corporate discounts, and more!
- Generous paid vacation (3 weeks your first year, 4 weeks afterwards), and unlimited sick days (we practice the “no sneezing at work” mantra) in addition to regular holidays
- Monthly company-wide hack days
- Catered lunch every day, and delicious breakfast on Wednesday mornings
- Tea, coffee, soda, kombucha, juice, etc, — beverages for every mood
- Convenient office location in SoMa, easily accessible by BART, Muni, and Caltrain
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.pagerduty.com/careers/jobs/?jobid=a0K37000005wNLzEAM →