The OpenTracing project defines a standard that makes understanding, building, and improving distributed systems easier. In doing so, it improves the quality of open source tools and applications across the board. LightStep wants to support that goal. We’re looking for a teammate who is knowledgeable about popular open source technologies and best practices, eager to be an expert on distributed systems performance, and can lend a hand as a teacher, communicator, and open source code contributor to help move the OpenTracing community forward.
You’d be a great fit if…
- you’re passionate about participating in the open source community as part of your day job
- you’re a good teacher when it comes to engineering: both plain-English descriptions of complex technical topics as well as illustrative code snippets come easily to you
- you’re capable of being opinionated and friendly at the same time
- you’re a great engineer too: you want to make contributions to the open source community, not just describe them!
- you’ll be our customers’ champion as well: advocate product and engineering changes that reflect the needs of the broader community
- you’re already an active participant in the open source community
- you enjoy working across the breadth of technologies from frameworks to programming languages
- you have experience working on distributed systems performance at scale
- you’ve worked in customer-facing engineering roles before (e.g. field engineer, support engineer)
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.lever.co/lightstep/98b69799-0beb-4ba1-b943-3754494dae97/apply →