What’s the opportunity? 🤔
Avo is a startup based in San Francisco and Iceland and backed by world class investors, including Y Combinator, Heavybit and GGV. We’re looking for someone with experience building web applications and a passion for creating outstanding user experiences.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Build simple-to-use user interfaces for complex processes using solutions such as Google Sheet-like collaboration and GitHub-like review processes.
- Developers, product managers, and analytics managers have never had a platform to collaborate on shipping product analytics fast without bugs. Avo is that platform. You will help create user experiences that have never been created before.
- Build outstanding products using technologies such as Google Firestore, Cloud Functions, BigQuery and React.
- Always be improving.
What skills and traits do I need? 📚
- Excellent communication and organization skills. Able to convey and communicate results and learnings in a clear, precise, and actionable manner.
- Willing and able to work in a remote culture and communicate in writing.
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Passion for outstanding user experience.
- Excited about data-driven development.
- High proficiency in building web interfaces using CSS and HTML.
- Bonus for:
- Experience leveraging user behavior analytics to answer questions, for example, through building charts in Amplitude or querying SQL databases.
- Experience implementing event-based analytics, with tools such as Amplitude, Mixpanel, or Segment.
- Experience building developer products.
- Experience developing native mobile apps.
- Experience with UX and UI design.
What do I get? 😍
- Join a high-performing, fast-moving, international startup, backed by world-class investors, including Y Combinator, Heavybit and GGV.
- A company culture comprised of mutual respect, no politics, and all hands on deck.
- Teammates that care about continuous improvement — for themselves and the company.
- Top-of-the-line equipment.
- A remote-friendly culture.
- The opportunity to learn a lot and grow with us.
What are the next steps? 🐾
You’ll answer some questions that are related to your day-to-day job. After the job closes, your answers will go through our sift process: all answers will be anonymized, randomized and then reviewed by a panel of reviewers. In order to prevent bias we will not look at your CV until your answers have been anonymously reviewed and the shortlist has been drafted.
If you are shortlisted, we’ll invite you to the next step, and finally an interview. Also, we love giving feedback, so you’ll be able to see how well you performed at each stage of the application process.
Expected duration of this application process: 3-6 weeks
To apply for this job please visit app.beapplied.com.