What’s the opportunity? 🤔
We’re building Avo to transforms how companies treat their analytics. Avo is a startup based in San Francisco and Reykjavik, and backed by world class investors, including Y Combinator and Heavybit. We are a small team growing into a distributed, global team with a remote work culture. We are looking for someone who’s ready to take on short or long strategic projects, as well as fold up their sleeves to make the day-to-day things work – as is the mind set for everyone on our team.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Everything that’s included in being an early strategic team member of an early and growing startup.
- You’ll be working closely with the CEO and founding team of a fast growing startup, to get a massive amount of the right sh*t done.
- Your work will vary as we grow: anything from keeping our hiring on track to managing board reports, from making sure our product development cycles work efficiently to making sure we keep up with our online content goals, from making sure our sales funnel doesn’t leak to building the best distributed team culture, from being pulled into an unexpected decision making process to innovating on growth and product opportunities.
- Strategic, tactical, financial, operational, analytical support for a wide variety of business planning and operations functions. This means, for example, working closely with the product and marketing teams to understand CAC, LTV, and tie those into budgeting and funding plans.
- Manage finances and budgeting to ensure a healthy and predictable financial situation at least 6-12 months in the future.
- As a small team, we all step up to make sure the little things get done. This means anything from planning the next team fun, to jumping out to buy post-its. As Chief of Staff, you’ll make sure we’re always optimizing those processes to ensure Avo runs smoothly and with the lowest possible administrative overhead.
- Grow with the role. As the overall team grows, you’ll hire and lead teams of people to help keep the trains running on time.
What skills and traits do I need? 📚
- Real enthusiasm for getting stuff done, no matter how abstract or mundane the task
- Methodical, loves spreadsheets, obsessive about order and anti-loose ends
- Experience with financial modeling / analysis / budgeting in a professional environment
- Excellent verbal communication, presentation, collaboration and teamwork skills with the ability to gain trust and consensus
- Willing and able to work in a remote culture and communicate in writing.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a cross-functional team.
- Relentless cleverness and resourcefulness to get things done quickly and inexpensively
- Hunger to prove yourself in perhaps the toughest / least predictable of all operational environments (i.e. a quickly growing startup)
- Bonus for:
- Startup experience a MAJOR plus, especially in the $1M – $10M ARR range.
- Experience with leveraging user behavior analytics to answer questions, for example, through building charts inAmplitude or querying SQL databases.
What do I get? 😍
- Join a high-performing, fast-moving, international startup backed by world-class investors, including Y Combinator and Heavybit.
- A company culture comprised of mutual respect, no politics, all hands on deck, and a sense of shared responsibility.
- Teammates that care about continuous improvement — for ourselves and our company.
- Top-of-the-line equipment.
- A remote-friendly culture.
- The opportunity to learn a lot and grow with us.
What are the next steps? 🐾
You’ll answer some questions that are related to your day-to-day job. After the job closes, your answers will go through our sift process: all answers will be anonymized, randomized and then reviewed by a panel of reviewers. In order to prevent bias we will not look at your CV until your answers have been anonymously reviewed and the shortlist has been drafted.
If you are shortlisted, we’ll invite you to the next step, and finally an interview. Also, we love giving feedback, so you’ll be able to see how well you performed at each stage of the application process.
Expected duration of this application process: 3-6 weeks
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org